Thomas P. Billam et.al.: Entangling two distinguishable quantum bright solitons via collisions
- Author(s): Thomas P. Billam, Caroline L. Blackley, Bettina Gertjerenken, Simon L. Cornish, Christoph Weiss
- Title: Entangling two distinguishable quantum bright solitons via collisions
- Date of Upload: 2014-09-08
- Article: J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 497, 012033 (2014), Institute of Physics
- PACS: 03.65.Ud;03.65.Ge;32.10.Fn;05.45.Yv;02.30.Jr
- The generation of mesoscopic Bell states via collisions of distinguishable
bright solitons has been suggested in Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 100406 (2013).
Here, we extend our former proposal to two hyperfine states of 85Rb instead of
two different atomic species, thus simplifying possible experimental
realisations. A calculation of the
s-wave scattering lengths for the hyperfine states (f,mf)=(2,+2)and (3,+2)identifies parameter regimes suitable for the creation of Bell states with an advantageously broad Feshbach resonance. We show the generation of Bell states using the truncated Wigner method for the soliton's centre of mass and demonstrate the validity of this approach by a comparison to a mathematically rigorous effective potential treatment of the quantum many-particle problem.
- URL: http://www.physik.uni-oldenburg.de/condmat/Papers/p_SolitonCollision2014.pdf (text/plain)
This shadow-file was created by My Meta Maker 1.6.1. Last Update: Mon Sep 8 11:43:31 2014