Oliver Huth et.al.: Shape-dependence of near-field heat transfer between a spheroidal nanoparticle and a flat surface
- Author(s): Oliver Huth, Felix Rüting, Svend-Age Biehs, Martin Holthaus
- Title: Shape-dependence of near-field heat transfer between a spheroidal nanoparticle and a flat surface
- Date of Upload: 2010-03-16
- Article: Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 50, 10603 (2010) , EDP Sciences
- We study the radiative heat transfer between a spheroidal metallic nanoparticle and a planar metallic sample for near- and far-field distances. In particular, we investigate the shape dependence of the heat transfer in the near-field regime. In comparison with spherical particles, the heat transfer typically varies by factors between 1/2 and 2 when the particle is deformed such that its volume is kept constant. These estimates help to quantify the deviation of the actual heat transfer recorded by a near-field scanning thermal microscope from the value provided by a dipole model which assumes a perfectly spherical sensor.
- DOI: 10.1051/epjap/2010027
This shadow-file was created by My Meta Maker 1.6.1. Last Update: Tue Mar 16 14:37:32 2010