D. V. Scheible et.al.: Effects of low attenuation in a nanomechanical electron shuttle
- Author(s): D. V. Scheible, C. Weiss, R. H. Blick
- Title: Effects of low attenuation in a nanomechanical electron shuttle
- Date of Upload: 2004-07-29
- Article: Journal of Applied Physics 96, 1757 (2004), American Institute of Physics
- We have measured the spectral current characteristics of a nanomechanical electron shuttle in a tuning-fork configuration. This particular design enhances the quality factor Q of the nanoelectromechanical system. Comparing the experimental results to a precedingly studied low-Q device, we find a substantially different current behavior, indicating an increase of Q: the current flips direction around the frequency of mechanical resonance. We support our conclusion with a model calculation via a master equation. The device is nanomachined in silicon and shows response up to 0.5 GHz at room temperature.
- URL: http://www.physik.uni-oldenburg.de/condmat/Papers/p_effects.ps.gz (application/x-gzip)
This shadow-file was created by My Meta Maker 1.6.1. Last Update: Thu Jul 29 11:26:34 2004