Christoph Weiss et.al.: Ground state energy of a homogeneous Bose-Einstein condensate beyond Bogoliubov
- Author(s): Christoph Weiss, Andre Eckardt
- Title: Ground state energy of a homogeneous Bose-Einstein condensate beyond Bogoliubov
- Date of Upload: 2004-08-02
- Article: Europhys. Lett. 68, 8 (2004)., European Physical Society
- The standard calculations of the ground-state energy of a homogeneous Bose gas rely on approximations which are physically reasonable but difficult to control. Lieb and Yngvason [Phys. Rev. Lett. 80, 2504 (1998)] have proved rigorously that the commonly accepted leading order term of the ground state energy is correct in the zero-density-limit. Here, strong indications are given that also the next to leading term is correct. It is shown that the first terms obtained in a perturbative treatment provide contributions which are lost in the Bogoliubov approach.
- URL: http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0408023 (other)
This shadow-file was created by My Meta Maker 1.6.1. Last Update: Mon Aug 2 12:16:37 2004