C. Weiss et.al.: Asymptotics of the number partitioning distribution
- Author(s): C. Weiss, M. Holthaus
- Title: Asymptotics of the number partitioning distribution
- Date of Upload: 2002-09-03
- Article: Europhys. Lett., 59 (4) , pp. 486-492 (2002) , EPD Sciences
- Keywords: number partitioning distribution, one-dimensional harmonic-oscillator
- PACS: 05.30.Ch, 05.30.Jp, 02.30.Mv
- The number partitioning problem can be interpreted physically in terms of a thermally isolated noninteracting Bose gas trapped in a one-dimensional harmonic-oscillator potential. We exploit this analogy to characterize, by means of a detour to the Bose gas within the canonical ensemble, the probability distribution for finding a specified number of summands in a randomly chosen partition of an integer n. It is shown that this distribution approaches its asymptotics only for n > 10^10.
- URL: http://www.physik.uni-oldenburg.de/condmat/Papers/p_numbers.pdf (application/pdf, 138.4 KByte)
This shadow-file was created by My Meta Maker 1.5.