Martin Holthaus: Towards coherent control of a Bose-Einstein condensate in a double well
- Author(s): Martin Holthaus
- Title: Towards coherent control of a Bose-Einstein condensate in a double well
- Date of Upload: 2002-09-03
- Article: Phys. Rev. A 64, 011601(R) (2001), APS
- Keywords: Bose-Einstein condensates, single-particle Floquet states, self-trapping, periodically modulated double well
- PACS: 03.75.Fi, 32.80.Pj, 74.50.+r
- A type of solution to the nonlinear Schroedinger equation for periodically driven Bose-Einstein condensates is introduced, which generalizes the familiar single-particle Floquet states. These solutions lead to the prediction that the onset of self-trapping of a condensate in a periodically modulated double well can be systematically controlled. This mean-field prediction is confirmed on the N-particle level, and explained by a pairing mechanism.
- URL: http://www.physik.uni-oldenburg.de/condmat/Papers/p_doublewell.ps (application/postscript, 343.6 KByte)
This shadow-file was created by My Meta Maker 1.5.